REcon is a computer security conference with a focus on reverse engineering and advanced exploitation techniques. It is held annually in Montreal, Canada.
The conference offers a single track of presentations over the span of three days along with technical training sessions held before the presentation dates. Technical training varies in length between two and four days.
Conference: June 27-29, 2014
Training: June 23-26, 2014
REcon will be held in downtown Montreal, Canada at the Hyatt Regency Montreal
Conference registration is now open.
2014/05/23 The Hyatt is currently sold-out on some conference dates, please visit our travel page to find alternatives nearby.
Talk selection has been finalized:
- Keynote by Eva Galperin from EFF
- DRM obfuscation versus auxiliary attacks by Mougey Camille and Francis Gabriel
- Exploring the feasability of a hard drive backdoor by Jonas Zaddach
- Rewriting x86 Binaries: Many PEs, Such Secure, Wow. by Wartortell
- Exploit tips and techniques by William Peteroy and Swamy Gangadhara
- Reversing on the Edge: Traversing the paths for using GraphDBs in RE by Jasiel Spelman and Jason Jones
- Glitching For n00bs - A Journey to Coax Out Chips' Inner Secrets by exide
- Going gets tough: a tale of encounters with novel evasive malware by Marta Janus
- Power Analysis and Clock Glitching with the Open-Source ChipWhisperer Platform by Colin O'Flynn
- Memory Tracing: Forensic Reverse Engineering by Dominic Fischer and Endre Bangerter
- PIN-Point Control for Analyzing Malware by Jason Jones
- Performing Open Heart Surgery on a Furby by Michael Coppola
- Fuzzing and Patch Analysis: SAGEly Advice by Richard Johnson
- Shall we play a game? Lessons learned while playing CoreWars8086 by Elad Shapira ("Zest")
- Reverse Engineering Flash Memory For Fun and Benefit by Matt Oh
- Automatic Reverse Compilation & Semantic Comprehension by Christopher Abad (aempirei)
- FunCap by Andrzej Dereszowski
- How do I RE object oriented code (and you should too) by Milan Bohacek
- Apple SMC, The place to be, definitely! (For an implant) by Alex Ionescu
- Intel Management Engine Secrets by Igor Skochinsky
- Dynamic Analysis Kung-Fu with PANDA by Brendan Dolan-Gavitt
- SDR Tricks with HackRF by Michael Ossmann
- Static Translation of X86 Instruction Semantics to LLVM With McSema by Artem Dinaburg and Andrew Ruef
- Here be Dragons: A Bedtime Tale for Sleepless Nights by Josh "m0nk" Thomas and Nathan Keltner
- The Making of the Kosher Phone by Assaf Nativ
- Breaking Out of VirtualBox through 3D Acceleration by Francisco Falcon
2014/03/10: New training announced: Botnet Takeover Attacks for Reverse Engineers by Brett Stone-Gross and Tillmann Werner
2014/02/18: This year's first round of CFP submissions ends March 31st, with early picks being announced the week of April 7th. The CFP closes April 30th, and Recon 2014's speakers and talks will be announced on May 5th.
2014/02/17: REcon 2014 CFP and Training have been announced!